Customer service plays important role in the life of any organization. Depending on job descriptions, executive secretaries, and administrative assistants play a very important general role in the organizational development and organizational tasks in any institution. In some cases, the executive secretary represents the face of his/her office, and may also be described as the front line staff. Modern executive secretaries play a more important role than just typing and answering telephones. They handle the general affairs of the executive department and support senior level executives by performing very important administrative roles including: planning their executive schedules, attending meeting, recording minutes, keeping confidential records, preparing responses to executive correspondence and inquiries, handling travel plans, reading reports and correspondence, filing corporate documents, organizing executive meetings, scheduling and keeping appointments, organizing and storing important and sensitive information, preparing executive reports and managing confidential correspondence etc. The purpose of this training is to enhance the skills of the participants to perform their duties.
Course Learning Objectives:
This short course aims to enhance the executive secretaries in providing more efficient customer service and helping them to upgrade their professional and managerial skills to achieve their organizational goals.
The course is delivered in a workshop setting facilitated by seasoned professional facilitators with practical experience. Active participation is required and key to the success of the workshops. Other methods used in this course include case studies, presentations, and group projects. Assessment of participants is through effective class participation, group presentation, group project, and class attendance.
The course has some of the following key areas of learning:
- Understanding organizational structure and business environment
- Understand your role
- Planning and organizational skills
- Controlling, operating and maintaining office technology and equipment
- Delegation and responsibility
- Effective communication and reporting
- Office problem-solving techniques
- Challenges facing executive secretaries
- Simulated group exercises
- Computer training
- Group projects
- Site visits
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to perform the following:
- Improve customer relations skills to satisfy and retain more customers to his/her organization.
- Improve his/her competencies in organizing and planning daily office activities for achieving organizational goals.
- Improve writing and listening skills.
- Improve etiquette and ability to respond to customer needs.
The course uses PowerPoint presentations to facilitate workshops. The course is also based on a participatory, active learning approach, group discussions, case studies, problem-solving exercises, group presentations, and case studies. Active participation is required and key to the success of the workshops. Assessment is through effective class participation, group presentation, group projects, and class attendance.
Who should attend?
This course will be helpful to individuals including executive secretaries, administrative assistants, and any official who wants to increase their skills in office management.
1 and 2 weeks
Training Locations and Scheduled Dates
New York, USA:
Washington, DC, USA: Feb 1-12; Fe 29-Mar 11; Apr 4-15; May 2-13; Jul 13-24; Sept 12-23;Nov 14-25;
Phoenix, Arizona, USA: Jan 18-29; Feb 15-26; Mar 6-18;
London, United Kingdom: Apr 4-14
Toronto, Canada:Mar 4-25; Apr 18-29; May 16-27; Aug 15-26; Oct 17-28;
Course fee is $1,800 for 1 week – $3,500 for 2 weeks. The fees cover the following: instruction, course materials, one brand new laptop computer to take home, administration expenses, field trips, cultural programs and miscellaneous program-related expenses.
How to Register
To participate in this course, the applicant must:
- Send a completed application form
- Have a bachelor’s degree/or have relevant work experience at senior management level
- Be nominated by the head of his/her department
- Be a senior member of the organization
- Demonstrate a devoted interest in the course
- Have a proof of English proficiency
- Demonstrate proof of financial sponsorship for the course
Hetta International Development Center
295 Madison Avenue, 12th Floor
New York, NY 10017
Ph. 212 379 8348