Who Are We?
Hetta International Development Center (HIDC) is a US-based corporation specializing in the following areas:
- Human capacity building
- Short course training in management and development
- Scholarly research and publishing on social issues
- International development and consulting on poverty reduction
- Onsite training services
- International study tours
- Project design and management
Hetta International Development Center, a privately American owned consulting firm, incorporated in the State of Arizona and registered to operate in several international locations including United States, Canada, United Kingdom, and Nigeria. Over the years, HIDC has provided short-course training to hundreds of high-ranking government and corporate officials, particularly from the developing countries. The courses are designed to enhance the competencies of senior-level staff in private, public, and nonprofit institutions. Most of the courses focus on current thinking and best practices in sustainable development and management. The courses are intensive and taught at an advanced level. The training courses are participatory and practice-oriented. We offer courses in all areas of human resource management. Professionals from various backgrounds will benefit from our short-term training program.
As an increasing number of employers are realizing the benefits of investing in their employees through training, we at Hetta International Development Center are committed to helping them achieve their goals. HIDC as an organization works in partnership with many multilateral and bilateral agencies, NGOs, governments, multinational corporations, and development projects. We are committed to maintaining a reputation as a leading provider of innovative short training courses and seminars in management and development both in the United States and in other parts of the world. All our courses and seminars are taught by experienced and professional resource persons with comprehensive knowledge of the latest issues and best practices in the development industry.
Finally, all our training courses are designed to ensure that the very latest ideas and practices in sustainable human development management are covered in the course contents and training materials. Some of the courses are repeated up to four times a year. The purpose is to enable delegates to participate in the courses they registered for at their most convenient time and to enable them to attend the next available course if they missed the one they registered for. Not only are our participants provided with detailed workbooks and handouts to accompany each course, but our experienced educators assist each participant in developing an individual action plan that directly relates training received to the individual’s work environment. This has enabled participants to see another perspective of development, especially, a view from developed countries.
The main General objectives of our short training program are:
- To enhance the competencies of the junior and senior-level staffs in private, public, and nonprofit institutions on sustainable human development issues.
- To provide a thorough understanding of the sustainable development issues and challenges facing course participants in their professional areas.
- To provide opportunities for the course participants to share experiences regarding current practices in management and sustainable development.
- To enable course participants to better plan, execute, monitor and evaluate development programs and government policies more effectively and efficiently.
- To enhance participants’ knowledge and skills in management and development issues.
- To positively influence the participants’ attitudes toward development management and social issues affecting their constituencies.
- To enable participants to improve their skills to better plan, execute, monitor, and evaluate programs and policies more effectively and efficiently.
What Participants Will Gain at the End of the Course
At the end of the training, course participants should be able to:
- Learn and develop best practices in using different models and techniques as means to change inefficient organizational culture/environment, resulting in accountability and planned/managed results.
- Think critically about the challenges and complexities of administering development programs and projects.
- Have a deeper understanding of the nature of managerial decision-making process in the context of development management.
- Have a deeper understanding of their management styles through self-assessment as a result of taking a leadership competency assessment instrument, the DISC Problem Solving/Communication Profile; and performing a follow-up practice team exercise prioritizing the 5 elements of development management.
- Enhance their abilities to develop prioritized strategies when planning comprehensively for the allocation/use of national, regional, local, and organizational resources.
- Enhance their skills in writing winning grant proposals and reports, make effective presentations, as well as how to make contacts and seek funding from major international grantmakers to support their institutional projects.
- Improve their skills in managing by results and targets, identify blockages to greater productivity, motivate employees toward greater productivity and excellence, resolve conflicts, and succeed in negotiations.
Who Should Attend
The training courses are intended for middle and senior level staffs in the private, public, and nonprofit sectors that have the responsibility for developing and implementing sustainable development strategies for alleviating poverty in their communities. The courses should prove valuable to individuals who work on sustainable related development projects including, but not limited to, public officials, project managers, supervisors, project consultants, financial managers, auditors, bankers, heads of departments, directors, administrators, accountants, healthcare workers, personnel officers, etc.
The mission of Hetta International Development Center is to provide senior officials in public, private, and nonprofit sectors with quality continuing education opportunities, provide learning and training environment to share experiences and best practices, and enhance their managerial skills which will help them to solve their organizational and societal problems.
Previous Training Workshops
Our recent development training courses have been attended by a variety of high-ranking senior officials and policy executives from Vietnam, Australia, Taiwan, Japan, India, Indonesia, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Ghana, France, Zambia, South Africa, The Gambia, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Mali, Senegal, Niger, Cameroon, Nepal, Democratic Republic of Congo, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Oman, Indonesia, Cote d’Ivoire, Guinea, and the United States of America. The participants including ministers, commissioners, permanent secretaries, executive directors, policy makers, physicians, lawyers, nurses, journalists, legislators, senior project officers, professors, etc. shared their experiences and participated fully in the workshops.